PET-AGREE, INC. CANINE TRAINING SCHOOL
Humane Training for Dogs and Their People
*During this six week course, learn a series of basic commands with instruction on how to accomplish them. Some of the commands include “SIT”, “DOWN”, “STAY”, “COME”, and “LOOSE LEASH WALK” (walking without pulling on the leash). Techniques for behavioral modification to address unwanted behaviors are also covered.
All of Pet-Agree, Inc. Canine Training courses are designed to teach you to teach your own dog in a positive manner. The training techniques focus on clear communication and praise to build a more rewarding relationship between you and your dog.
The lesson plan expands each week on the exercises taught, so practice time at home is essential to your dog. Review sheets are provided each week to help you throughout the course and we are always happy to answer your questions by telephone. Each one hour session includes a “question and answer” period, demonstration, practice, socialization, treats and more practice!
The course fee is $155.00 for six 1 hour 15 minute sessions each week. This includes a training collar, 6’ leash and a 20’ long line.
"Well-trained dogs are happier and more confident thereby eliminating many undesirable behaviors. We hope you will join us in a great learning experience that will prove effective and fun for both you and your dog!"
Karen Smith, Owner/Trainer
General Information for Class
- Time: PLEASE BE PROMPT.
- Attendance: To accomplish the goals of this course, attendance is of the utmost importance. If you must miss a class, please call us at 483-8775 to discuss make-up options. If your female comes into heat during the course, please do not bring her to class. Call for alternative arrangements.
- Attire: Comfortable clothing for bending and walking is best. Shoes should be low heeled and rubber soled. Sneakers are best. No high heels, sandals, or flip flops, etc.
- Feeding: Please give your dog a light supper at least one hour before class. The rest of their meal can be fed at class as part of their rewards or later after class. For practice sessions during the week, use their food!
- Potty Time: Please allow enough time prior to class to “go potty”. Leaving and re-entering the class can be disruptive to your fellow students and you may miss important information.
- Handler: The same person should train the dog in class each week. Changing handlers can be confusing to a beginner dog. All family members are welcome to observe class. However, all family members are encouraged to learn the proper commands and methods to help the dog obey.
- Advice: While engaged in this course, please follow the instructions you will be shown. Other well-meaning friends and relatives may only confuse the techniques. As always, if you have any problems or questions, please call immediately.
- Practice: You will be instructed on certain techniques to train your dog in class. Your dog will learn best during practice sessions at home with you. Practice sessions of twenty minutes at different times during the day are best. However, even 5 minutes can be very effective. Your dog will benefit from consistent and frequent sessions.
- Safety: Please do not use alcohol while training. Patience is a necessary attribute to train a dog.
- Do not approach another dog without asking the handler first.
- Children: All family members are welcome to observe. Children of a certain age are welcomed as a handler (Karen participated in her first course at the age of 8 years). Please have another adult attend to supervise small children. Feel free to call with any questions about this option.
- Equipment: You will be supplied a training collar and leash at the first class. If your dog outgrows the collar during the course it can be exchanged provided the collar is in good condition.
To enroll in this course:
Complete the Registration Form and sign the Waiver.
Mail the completed forms along with your check made payable to:
12 Donovan Rd
Candia NH 03034
To pay by credit card call Pet-Agree, Inc at 603-483-8775
Have your Veterinarian FAX your dog inoculation records to 603-483-8770
Please call Pet-Agree, Inc at 603-483-8775 for all course schedules.
* All clients must sign a legal waiver in order to sign up with Pet-Agree, Inc.